Manlio F. Coviello is Doctor cum Laude in Geophysics (Genoa University) and Master in Business Administration (Bocconi University, Milan).
He is currently Assistant Professor in Energy Planning, Engineering Dept., Catholic University of Chile.
Starting August 2018, Prof. Coviello is President of the Board of TERNA PLUS, the branch of TERNA (the italian energy transmission company) devoted to the expansion of businesses abroad.
Until June 2018, Prof. Coviello was Chief of Natural Resources & Energy, at the Economic Commission for Latin America, United Nations (Santiago, Chile). He provided strategic advisory services to Head of States (Mrs. Bachelet/CHI, Mrs. Rousseff/BRA, Mr. Fujimori/PER, Mr. Eman/ARU), Energy Ministers and Presidents of Energy Regulatory Agencies of 19 countries of Latin America and the Caribbean.
In the last decade, he has been Peer Reviewer of several investment initiatives in the energy, executed by World Bank, IADB and CAF.
In 2012, acted as Senior Fellow Professor at the "Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies" (Germany), working directly with the Nobel Prize in Physics 1984, Prof. Carlo Rubbia.
He has been Special Advisor to the President of the Energy Commission of the Latin American Parliament. Prof. Coviello has been member of the following International Committees:
• Regional programme “Sustainable Energy for All”- SE4All, UN/World Bank
• National Commission on Lithium, Presidency of Chile
• BABET global biofuels programme, European Commission
He is currently member of the following Advisory Boards:
- ENEL Foundation
- Climate CoLab’s, Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Center for Collective Intelligence
- Energy Center, Polytechnic University of Turin
- "The Future of Energy Storage" project, Mass. Institute of Technology - Energy Initiative group.